9:00 a.m.—10:00 a.m. Beverly Jackey MS, RDN
Extension Educator, Family and Consumer Sciences, University of Maryland Extension
- Capture the Flavor: Using herbs and spices Learn about the health benefits, cooking and storage of herbs and how to kick up the flavor without adding a lot of salt and fat.
10:30 a.m.—11:30 a.m. Kim Burton
Director of Older Adult Programs Mental Health Association of Maryland
- Brain Health in Later Life, the Risks that Impact it, and How to Improve BrainFunction
- Like other body organs, the brain is vulnerable to problems when we get older – especially when we are under stress, experiencing illness, taking medications or suffering with pain. Explore the risks to brain health, signs and symptoms of brain problems and discover important steps to resolve brain illness.
12:00 p.m.—1:00 p.m. Rajiv Goel, Attorney
Chair of Elder Law Department, Offit & Kurman
- Health Care Directives in the Era of COVID
- As we learn more and more about the short and long term impact of COVID upon the human body, many are rethinking about what life sustaining measures they would or would not want implemented if they became significantly ill from this disease. Learn whether you need to update your health care directive in light of today’s realties.
1:30 p.m.—2:30 p.m. Scott Bowler
Advanced Funeral Directo,r After Care Specialist, RT Foard Funeral Home
- Piece of Mind, the Acute Loss Period
- Come learn exactly why after thousands of years, funeral services are still so critical to healthy grieving. You’ll also learn how to create a “Celebration of Life” that has more meaning to your loved ones, and how to protect them from the worst parts of funeral planning. Also, a chance to ask everything you ever wanted to know from a funeral director, but were too afraid to ask!
3:00 p.m.—4:00 p.m. Morgan Miller, Madison Griffitts, Kathy Galbreath, Kim Anguish
Cecil County Public Library,
- Living and Learning with the Library
- An overview and live demonstration of the many ways people can read and learn online through the library.
Please register for each session separately. We will provide a different Zoom Invitation link for each session you are registered for. Please make sure to log on 5 minutes before start time.
Please register here: https://forms.gle/PULURbMBfQtHY2SE6
For more information – contact